I look at how school teaches my son and his classmates. The kids are taught how to follow directions, sit still and quietly, and to memorize information that they can Google.
Kids come out of school not knowing how to think for themselves into a society that has no jobs for them, but has taught them that this is the only acceptable path to take. Graduates are either unemployed or underemployed, or they can’t find a job in their area of study while they still have student loans to pay.
Shouldn’t we be exposing them to think differently. There are some amazing books:
- Risky is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed… by Randy Gage
- Linchpin: Are you indispensable? by Seth Godin
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Secrets of a Millionaire Mind by T Harv Eker
Something I’m interested in doing in my son’s school is to start an entrepreneur club. Teaching goal setting, how to break down the goals into small daily steps, useful business skill and personal improvement skills. I also want to empower them to think BIGGER, be confident in themselves and their abilities and have the courage to be different.
If you have a dream, I hope you have the desire and the confidence to fulfill it. Just know you can always contact me to help you on your way.